Egg salad with scallion
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 bunch green scallion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Boiled eggs peel and chop in small cubes. Leave one egg yoke for the sauce.
2) Chop one bunch of scallion and mix with eggs in a bowl.
3) Prepare the sauce: in a smaller bowl combine one egg yoke, olive oil, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
4) Mix gently eggs with the dressing.
5) Serve as a salad with slices of fresh tomatoes or over crisp lettuce. Great for a sandwich as well.
Did you know that……….
Eggs add protein to a person’s diet, as well as many important nutrients:
1) essential amino acids that help repair muscles, organs and your skin.
2) several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, important for good night vision, general cell growth and for healthy skin.
3) riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), vitamin B6, vitamin B12, support and increase the rate of metabolism, maintain healthy skin and muscle tone, enhance immune and nervous system function
4) choline, good for your mental function and memory.
5) Selenium, powerful antioxidant that support your immune system.
6) Vitamin E, preventing damage to your body from free radicals.
7) Iron, calcium, phosphorus and potassium, essential mineral micronutrients in human nutrition.
8) One egg contains approximately 75 Calories
This article is brought to you by YogacaraShop.com – your source for special Yoga Apparel, yoga inspired clothing, comfort clothing designed according to the Colors of the Chakras and the best trendy, high quality and comfortable Fitness Apparel do visit YogacaraShop.com
*image credits: photos by esimpraim on flickr